Welcome to our online guide for parents of trans children
Please click on the section you are interested in or alternatively select the bottom tab to access the full guide.
We have created this guide with members of our monthly parent group in response to feedback that information can be overwhelming. Our guide is a basic introduction with links to more detailed information and further reading for those who feel ready.
- "My daughter has just told me they are a boy"? | "My son has just told me they are a girl"?
- Why has this happened?
- LGBT terminology
- Understanding the ‘transition’ process
- What, when and how do I tell family & friends?
- I always imagined I’d be a grandparent…
- Useful websites for further information
Additional information / further reading